Monday 17 October 2011

Hook, Line & Sinker by Susan May Warren

Synopsis:~

The annual Deep Haven fishing contest draws professional and amateur anglers from across the country, but this year, Ross Springer is determined to win the top cash prize. In fact, he has no choice. It’s his last chance to leave a lasting legacy at Bethel College. He just never imagined his fundraising scheme would hook Abigail Cushman, the grad student who reminds him of all they’d had—and lost—every time she glances his way.

Abigail Cushman may not know the difference between a bass and a trout, but how hard can it be to catch a fish? She’s a quick learner, and she’s certain her smarts can net her a win over Ross Springer, the handsome charmer she’s tried to forget since grief tore them apart.

In the ultimate showdown between brains and heart, will Ross and Abby reel in more than they bargained for? 


My take:~

I'm delighted to say I thoroughly enjoyed the second of Susan May Warren's e-book prequels, Hook, Line & Sinker!  Returning readers to her beloved Deep Haven, Susie tells a heart warming story of misconceptions, guilt and hidden love as estranged childhood friends, Abigail and Ross, oppose each other in a fishing contest.  Fun and sweet, the story took me back to my own University days when I was involved with a campus Christian group and met my future husband!  If you haven't read Susie's Deep Haven novels, this novella will certainly entice you to dive in and if you have, you just may be dusting them off your shelves for a reread.

With thanks to Tyndale for my review copy

Relz Reviewz Extras
Reviews of Waiting for Morning, Nothing But Trouble, Double Trouble and Licensed for Trouble

Character spotlight on PJ, Boone & Jeremy ~ see how Susie pictures her characters

Visit Susie's website and blog

Buy Susie's books at Amazon or Koorong

2 comments:

Rissi said...

Aww! I read this back when it was released on Tyndales website as a chapter-a-week release. So cute... and its e-book cover is adorable. =)

Sara said...

I love Susie's Deep Haven series! I'm sure this one is super cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...